Greetings from the Dark Side!
I love bright and dark eyeshadows, but that doesn't mean that I don't love to wear my neutrals. I especially love neutral looks that are shimmery and pretty. This look is not too difficult to create and you can definitely recreate it with many different products. It is a tad smokey but still super wearable for day and night. I particularly love this look for a night out because I don't have to worry about any smudging or eyeshadow fall out so it is easy to wear for a long period of time.
Honestly, this is a look that was inspired by a tutorial I saw on Youtube, but I cannot remember what video or whose video it was! If I remember I will include a link.
(I remembered! It is Tanya Burr's makeup look on Ingrid, and it was so beautiful I wanted to try it out for myself! She did an amazing job. Check out her tutorial if you want to see how she does it step by step).
-Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
-MAC 'Let's Skate' Paint Pot
-MAC 'Satin Taupe' eyeshadow
-MAC 'Nylon' eyeshadow
-Inglot #344 eyeshadow
-MAC 'Carbon' eyeshadow
-Mayelline Mega Plush mascara
-NARS 'Sin' Blush
-Pumpkin & Poppy 'Lady of Light' Cream Highlighter
-L'oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain 'Coral Tattoo' (just one sheer layer)
1. Apply MAC 'Let's Skate' Paint Pot on the inner 1/2 of the lid. If you do not have 'Let's Skate' you can use any shimmery pale color. You have many options in this step. The closest product I own to this Paint Pot is Maybelline 'Inked In Pink' Color Tattoo, and it is faaaaar from being a dupe.
2. Apply MAC 'Satin Taupe' eyeshadow on the outer 1/2 of the lid and on the lower lash line. You can use any taupe eyeshadow. A good cheap dupe is Wet n Wild's single eyeshadow in 'Nutty'.
3.Take a big fluffy brush and apply Inglot #344 eyeshadow on the crease. #344 is a purple-brown. The closest dupe I have to this Inglot eyeshadow is an eyeshadow from the Flower Cosmetics 'Smoke and Mirrors' quad. If you don't own any of these, use any matte brown that has a cool undertone.
4. Apply MAC 'Nylon' eyeshadow on the inner corner. A close dupe is the light shimmery color from the Wet n Wild 'Comfort Zone' palette.
5. Apply MAC 'Carbon' along the lash line and wing it out just a little. You can use any black eyeshadow you own.
6. Apply mascara, and you are done!