Salutations Dark Siders!
Have you been as engaged in reading A Song of Ice and Fire/ watching Game of Thrones as I have been? The TV series is really fantastic! In fact I just finished watching episode 9 of season two! I was inspired by the latest episodes of the TV series to start with the Lannister look. I have a love/hate feeling towards them. My favorite character is Tyrion, who is a Lannister, but I don't really like Cersi or many of the other Lannisters. When I think of House Lannister I think of viciousness, gold, extravagance, and did I say gold? Of course, they are the richest House in Westeros, so gold always comes to mind. They are rather power hungry, and as fearsome as their sigil, the lion.
"The gold of Casterly Rock and the Golden Tooth has made them the wealthiest of the Great Houses. Their sigil is a golden lion upon a crimson field. The Lannister words are Hear Me Roar!" (excerpt from Martin's A Game of Thrones)
I used mainly red and gold since it is the colors of the House sigil. I also used black to "outline" the golden lion.
|This is not my image.|
-ELF Eyelid Primer
-Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow 'Bold Gold'
-Lime Crime ChinaDoll Palette (Goldfish, Lotus Noir, and Fly Dragon Fly)
-Dolly Wink liquid liner
-UD 24/7 Pencil Liner in 'Perversion'
-Prestige My Biggest Lashes mascara
-Awin DS03 Lashes
-Revlon Lip Butter in 'Candy Apple'
Sorry for not having a complete photo tutorial for this. I took the pictures but somehow most of them were erased from my memory card :( But I will explain what I did.
1. On your primed lid, apply Maybelline's Bold Gold Color Tattoo (or any gold base) on the entire lid and inner corner.
2. Then, with a flat brush, apply Goldfish (or any bright yellow) over the gold base. This will give you a gold-tinted yellow.
3. With a small brush, apply Lotus Noir (or any matte black) along the crease. Don't blend it just yet. Wing the black out and curl the wing inward (this represents the curly tail and hair of the lion on the Lannister banner)
4. With a blending brush, apply Fly Dragon Fly (or any matte red) above the black. Blend it until you are satisfied. Continue to apply more red upwards, as high as you desire.
5. Apply a sheer golden white on the brow bone as a highlight (I cannot for the life of me remember what I used!)
6. Apply black liner on the waterline and liquid liner on the upper lash line. Apply mascara.
7. Smudge the matte red on the lower lash line.
8. Apply Lashes if desired.
I almost forgot to take a full face shot. I was actually already taking my makeup off when I remembered, LOL. So I actually don't have any on of my eyes done in this photos.
On my lips I have Revlons Lip Butter in 'Candy Apple.'
Next on my list is House Targaryen! Very excited to do that one :D
*All intellectual property mentioned in this post is the property of George R.R. Martin